☆ Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered ... whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
☆ If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
☆ Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ so that the holiday joy will spread.
☆ Surf around your friends list (or friends' friends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
☆ If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it. You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call. There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just... wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
1. My paid account and extra icon package expire soon here, sadly. I'd love for someone to renew it for me if they feel so inclined.
2. Austria/Hungary fic/art/any other sort of creative work! There's never enough of my OTP out there as far as I'm concerned.
3. Hairclips! I'm kind of addicted to them. Especially the bow-shaped kind.
4. Things that'll be useful for college next fall. Even just tips on good things to pack would work here as well as physical items, I'm kind of in over my head on this one! Though one thing (aside from a laptop) that I know I need but don't have yet is an umbrella.
5. Cute shirts, size L-2X. I'm trying not to do much clothes shopping for myself right now because of how rapid my weight loss is; within a few months things that fit perfect now will be too big (though I have a seamstress that can resize things for me, so it's not like it's a total waste, but still). However, most of the shirts in my closet are like. 3X and 4X and I'm swimming in them right now. So yeah shirts would be awesome.
6. Fic/Art/Etc of some of my rarer ships! Switzerland/Belgium, Prussia/Italy, Vietnam/Taiwan, Hungary/fem!Prussia, Monaco/Liechtenstein, etc. Ships from my other fandoms are loved, too! Like Komui/Miranda. Or hell, Kyoko/Sayaka would be appreciated, too, even though it's FAR from a rarepair. If you check my journal I have an intro post with most of my ships.
7. Adopt an endangered animal in my name
! I'd really love for anyone to do this with any
animal, but I'd especially appreciate arctic fox, kit fox, snow leopard, clouded leopard, and bat adoptions in particular.
8. Donate to the ASPCA
9. Recipes! Any recipes for good, healthy meat, cheese, dairy, etc dishes. After my surgery I really need to make sure I'm eating a lot of protein, so I always
need new ideas for things to make that have lots of protein.
10. People to practice my German with! Via text or verbally on Skype or both.